Getting to the First Page on Google
Ranking of sites by Google is determined by various factors. Sites position themselves with the provision of helpful and accurate search results to end-users. Ranking helps search engine owners identify the frequency of their use by end users. Getting to the first page on Google isn’t impossible but it does take some work.
Local Search Ranking
Local search ranking ranks all the site and search engines that offer information on a more specific regional area. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the biggest decision to make foe a site. They can either improve the site or gradually bring it down as they are responsible for the content and ease of identifying keywords. Local search ranking is more specific on the factors considered in order to rank websites.
General Search Ranking
General search ranking is broader and looks at a given aspect from a broader perspective. It is not limited to one given factor which allows it to rank search engines as well. For example, a Google search results page includes organic search results for websites on the search criteria as well as Google Ads that match the same criteria.
Search Engine Optimization providers offer a vital service to website owners in the following ways:
- Review and structure of the website.
- Content development.
- Keyword research.
- Expertise in specific markets and geographical regions.
These factors when well executed bring out the best in a given website allowing the owner to have the much needed content and the end-user can easily find relevant content fro their individual needs. When end-users are searching for content, it is likely that they will select what is listed at the top of the search results. This makes it very important for a website owner to be listed on the first page of the search results in their niche.
In order to keep your ranks high, here are some important SEO tips that will ensure your content is ranked above others:
- Ensure that your titles are catchy and the descriptions are clear and straight to the point.
- The URL links should be optimized.
- The descriptions should also be short and unique.
- Ensure that you always have current and updated content. With the release of Google+ search strategy, website owners should ensure they have fresh content.
- Reduce clutter in your content. Quality should be key, not quantity.
- Links included should be relevant to the page content and sharing these links should be made easy for easy reference.
- Use social media sharing to easily promote the site’s content.
- Last but not least, content on a web page should be relevant and interesting to keep the end-user on the site.